OPS COMMITS TO RUN THE ESTABLISHMENT ACCORDING TO A HIGH STANDARD FOR ETHICAL CONDUCT.
The ethical guidelines build on and reflect our values. They are guidelines for all employees’ conduct, on all levels, when the employees are acting in the service of the company.
- Integrity: We are honest, reliable, ethical and trustworthy in our work and relations.
- Excellence: We strive to give our customers and colleagues excellent technical solutions and services.
- Cooperation: We are a collaborative community that actively shares knowledge and experiences for the benefit of our customers.
- Caring: We respect and care about each other, the customers, and the community and environment where we live and work.
- Ownership: We are proud of the work we do for our customers, and we feel a personal responsibility for the development and the wellbeing of the company.
Our responsible attitude towards each other and all our business stakeholders, show our commitment to follow these values every day. Our employees act in a matter which protects and build our reputation.
We respect the UN’s Human Rights Declaration, and acknowledge our responsibility to follow the demands which are asked of it, in relation to our employees and the community where we live and work.
OPS and all its employees act according to the following behavioral principles:
BEHAVIOUR TOWARDS EMPLOYEES
- Strives to protect all employees’ health and safety through knowledge, tools and support.
- Acts and communicates honest, fair and respectfully.
- Provides a supporting work environment where the employees can reach their full potential, where diversity is cherished and where no one is subjected to discrimination or bullying.
- Protects the employees’ personal life.
- Strives to develop the employees’ knowledge by continually improving common knowledge, tools and performance.
- Supports teamwork, cooperation and sharing of knowledge and experiences.
- Offers equal possibilities, regardless of race, skin color, sex, nationality, religion, ethnicity or other characteristics.
- Employs no one under 15 years, or under the applicable country’s legal limit.
- Doesn’t use forced labor, slavery or other forms of unwilling, volunteer workforce in our workplaces. We don’t accept relations that prevent flexibility.
- Accepts the employees’ right to establish or to join unions, according to the rules and practices in the respective countries.
EMPLOYEES’ BEHAVIOUR TOWARDS OPS
- Follow these ethical guidelines and determined principles and procedures.
- Keep the work environment safe and well by following the rules, practices and reporting routines which applies for health, safety and environment.
- Acts in the best interest of their colleges’ health and security.
- Ensures independently and in fellowship a work place without bullying, harassment, discrimination, violence, threatening behavior and illegal discrimination.
- Don’t reveal confidential information, business secrets or company information without proper authorization.
- Respect other employees’ personal life.
- Act in the best interest of OPS, and if they are attentive to relations that are, or could be a violation of the ethical guidelines, or a conflict of interest, they report this to their superior or in another way according to the reporting procedures established under.
- Are employed in a drug free workplace. You should not be influences by alcohol or other substances while working for OPS. Limited amounts of alcohol can however be served when local customs and special occasions make this appropriate, provided that the consumption is not combined with operation of equipment, driving or other activities which are not consistent with alcohol. No one should use, or encourage other to use, substances in a way that can put the user, OPS or any business connections in an unfortunate situation.
BEHAVIOUR TOWARDS CUSTOMERS AND SUPPLIERS
- Acts in the best interest of the customers’ and suppliers’ health and security.
- Expects that suppliers, agents, business partners and subcontractors act in a matter that is consistent with our ethical guidelines and rules for health, environment and security.
- Accepts projects only when we are capable of executing the work, either alone or together with others.
- Strives to avoid conflict of interests both on a company level and on a private level, and informs the customer about any conflict of interest which may occur.
- Acts reasonable, fair, politely and honest towards customers, suppliers and business connections.
- Respects our contractual arrangements regarding confidentiality about our customer relations. We don’t reveal customer information without permission, except in cases where this is legally required.
BEHAVIOUR IN REGARDS TO THE COMPANY’S PROPERTY
- Use assets and resources wise and efficiently.
- Use properties, materials and equipment in service of the company.
- Prepares punctual, exact and complete accounts and records.
- Do not reveal OPS’ business secrets and confidential information without proper authorization.
BEHAVIOR TOWARS OTHER OPERATORS IN THE BUSINESS
- Competes on honest terms and offers services based on quality and experience.
- Will, when the company has been notified by the customer to undertake a critical review of other professionals or companies, notify the relevant professional or company about the assignment at an appropriate point according to the work ethics and the applicable local, legal demands.
BEHAVIOR AS CITIZENS
- Provides a positive contribution to the local community and environment.
- Is not involved in any form of corruption or bribery.
- Acts in accordance with applicable laws in the countries where we operate.
- Corporate social responsibility – CSR – Is about how values are created, and how the business affects human beings, the environment and society. Working with corporate social responsibility in the business involves integrating considerations about the society and environment in the business strategy and in daily operations.